Quick to develop
Instead of weeks or even months to develop a full-text search for your data, if you know how to use DBSight, you can easily create the full-text search literally in minutes.
Besides Google-like full-text search, you can have:
- Configurable Ranking by combination of relevance and fields like product price, score, comments count, etc
- Advanced Facet Search provides results counted for each category, and sub-category
- Tag cloud for current search results
- Order results by the field you choose
- Summarized and highlighted results
- Spelling check for existing content
- Pagination of the results
- Recent searches history
- Multi-Server mode for Server Clustering
- RSS feed for latest match
And you can have several database searches available in one central server. They can be different applications, or different databases like Oracle, DB2, MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres, or any JDBC supported databases. SQL-based content retrieval is flexible, versatile, and customizable.
Beside database, you can customize the crawler to search files in your own way, be it files on disk, or XML file via HTTP, or any other data sources.
Easy to Customize
You can choose one of existing templates to start with. You add your own logo, change the layout, and add/remove components -- all by web UI. You can render the search results similar to Google or Yahoo style, or render them like product catalog, or results that fit for mobile phones, or directly jump to the most relevant match.
Easy to Integrate
With the result template based on simple Freemarker or Velocity macro language, you can send back the search results in HTML, XML, JSON, CSV (Comma Separated Values), or just a list of document IDs so you can process later.
You can also use JSP to render search results.
API to search via Protocol Buffer is also supported. You can use Python, Java, C++, or other languages to search. Default Java API is provided.
Easy to Manage
With Incremental Indexing, Hot Index Swapping, DBSight is maintenance free with 100% uptime and less than 0.5 seconds performance, and less than 0.2 seconds for small indexes. All of the operations including search index updates, spell check index updates and remote index replication are trouble free. Configurable log system can notify administrators about recent indexing processes.
DBSight has search statistics for performance analysis, including diagrams for search frequency, most popular searches, zero result search. And DBSight has index analyzing tools to examine the content, most frequent terms, etc.
Easy to Scale
DBSight is fairly efficient, and DBSight search clustering can provide more search throughput and search failover in case of unexpected machine errors.
Integrated Web Management UI
Configuration changes are all done via Web UI and a few clicks away. The operations include, but not limited to:
- Adjust ranking algorithms
- Adjust SQLs to extract database content
- Adjust SQL caching or batching mode.
For advanced users:
- Change text Analyzer, visually compare different Analyzers
- Change Similarity
- Change searchable, filterable,
- Change indexing threads, memory size.
Easy to package
DBSight configuration can be easily downloaded and uploaded. Search can be applied to different system instances.
The powerful scaffolding can be used to quickly create all kinds of search result templates. So you can easily create a search on any legacy contents, and maybe reuse the configuation or resell it!
DBSight is also OS independent, same configuration can run well on windows and linux.
Many features are pioneered by DBSight, and not available anywhere else:
- Advanced Facet Search for multi-valued facets, much efficient storage and fast search.
- Facet Search caching for even better performance
- Count, Sum, Average, Minimum, Maximum, and grouping for numeric facet searches.
- Hierachical Date facet search, date range search.
- Time based ranking
- Flexible Date Range Search